MULTI-PURPOSE TRAINING AND COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT ASSOCIATION
P.O.Box 93 Iganga Uganda, Plot No.12, Bulolo Rd, Iganga Municipal Council, Uganda
Mobile Numbers: +256773545199/ 0703929371/ 0782880540, 0772503007, 077578298
Contact Person: Musulo Ayubu
The EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR is a social worker by profession with an experience in community work for 10 years. His work with MTCEA involves so much – in various areas like community development, training skills, administrative skills, organizing workshops and conferences, lobbying and advocating for participatory projects, proposal designs, monitoring and evaluation skills. He has a Bachelors Degree in Development Studies, certificate in SWSA, and certificate in Computer Application.
Tel: +256703929371/ +256757215557/ +256786219290
Who are we?
MTCEA is an independent Non-Govermental Organization (NGO) founded in 1986 and registered with the NGO registration Bureau Ministry of Internal Affairs under Reg. No. INDR13468293NB and Permit number INDP000293NB.
Its aim is to help assist Ugandan communities and restore hope for poor and vulnerable people in our country.
The organization was formed by a group of passionate and committed locals with a focus on training and empowering communities, hence improving socio–economic standards. Projects include developing sustainable agriculture, water and sanitation, human rights, health and education, adult literacy, entrepreneurship skills and environmental awareness. The main objectives were to create employment opportunities and alleviate poverty in Busoga region of Uganda.
MTCEA is a membership organization with over 100 groups spread throughout its areas of operation. The organization has its head offices in Iganga Municipality but works other districts including Mayuge, Namutumba, Luuka, Butebo, Kubuuku, Bugweri and Pallisa.
To create a society in which the local population is empowered equitably to have access to the whole spectrum of quality social and technical services.
To work in a holistic manner towards improvement in the quality of life through interventions that reduce vulnerability from poverty, disease, illiteracy, hunger, ignorance, environmental degradation and abuse of human rights.
MTCEA Core Values:
- To act with passion for the poor, the disadvantaged and the vulnerable, while upholding credibility and professionalism.
- To create an operating culture based on open and honest dialogue, team-working and collective decision-making.
- We value the knowledge and experience of our colleagues and institutional allies around the world and seek always to ensure that their ideas are accommodated in our decision-making processes.
- To be flexible and adaptable, responding quickly to changing circumstances and learning from practice.
- To capture what we learn from others, both what works and what doesn’t, in order to enhance our own knowledge and understanding, and to share this with others.
MTCEA Strategic objectives:
- To achieve social, economic development and improved quality of life for the poor and disadvantaged rural households and communities with emphasis on women, children, youths, elderly, disabled persons, orphans and other specialized groups of vulnerable children within our geographical scope of operation.
- To promote and provide access to quality non-formal basic education for children and school dropouts within deprived rural communities and thereby to contribute to bridging the urban-rural gaps in basic education in Uganda.
- To advocate for and strengthen the capacity of small-scale farmers at household levels, add value to their agricultural enterprises and increase food production, nutrition, income and security.
- To increase access to safe and clean drinking water and sanitation for reduction of water related and fecal-based diseases.
- To affirm the enduring values of peace, social justice, human dignity and integrity in settings where these values cannot always be taken for granted.
- To improve the environment and health conditions of communities through elimination of health hazards in the environment that lead to untimely deaths among adults and children, with emphasis on HIV/AIDS.
- To promote the protection and conservation of the environment within MTCEA’s geographical area of operation.